Daniel Pullen and team have served as leading trend-setters in documentary, wedding, and portrait photography on the East Coast since 2003. Our Outer Banks gallery is located in Osprey Shopping Center, in Buxton Village on Hatteras Island. We specialize in avant-garde documentary photography. From Daniel’s notable career as a surf photographer and artist, to our portrait, wedding, and commercial clientele, we are committed to providing clients with moving five-star images through exclusive and engaging artistry.
We offer services both locally and internationally with competitive pricing for the distinguished professional market. Contact us for international free lance and event information.
Help Portrait Outer Banks, St. Baldrics, Hatteras Island, Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation, Hatteras Island Youth Foundation, Outer Banks Community Foundation, Little Pink Houses of Hope, American Heart Association, Hatteras Community Preschool, Hatteras Island Girl Scouts, Dare County Arts Council, NC Coastal Federation, NC Beach Buggy Association, Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum, Dare County Parks & Recreation, Cape Hatteras Elementary School, 316 Skate Park, Hatteras Island Volunteer Fire Departments, National Park Service, Young Life, Professional Photographers of America, Workshops with Purpose, ongoing projects in Nicaragua, Costa Rica,
Awards, Education, and Publications:
- January 2017, Fearless Awards, Collection 35, Daniel
- January 2017, Fearless Photographers, Kate
- January 2017, Foundation First Workshop, TX
- January 2017, NC Wildlife Magazine Competition (First, Second, & Third place photographs)
- May 2016, Award of Excellence, Molly Fearing Memorial Art Show, Dare County Arts Council
- May 2016 PPA Super 1 Day Workshop Instructors, Daniel & Kate
- March 2016, David Allen Harvey Workshop, Puerto Rico, Daniel
- December 2015, February 2016, Our State Magazine, Daniel
- January 2016 Foundation Workshop, Texas, Daniel
- January 2016, Fearless Photographers, Daniel
- January 2016, Candidate, Certified Professional Photographer, Professional Photographers of America, Daniel
- January 2016, Outer Banks Wedding Guide Magazine Cover Photographer, Iva Brooke
- January 2016, Outer Banks Wedding Guide Featured Photographers, Daniel, Kate & Brooke
- January 2016, Outer Banks Bride Magazine Real Wedding Photographers, Daniel, Kate, & Brooke
- January 2016 First Place (2 Divisions) Second Place (2 Divisions) NC Wildlife Magazine Competition
- 2015 Wedding Wire Featured Photographer
- 2015-2013 Outer Banks Bride Magazine Cover Photographer. Daniel and Kate
- 2013 Workshops with Purpose Documentary Team Project in Kijabe, Kenya with lead photographer Kevin Kubota, Daniel
- 2014 Panel Speaker at Wedding & Portrait Photographers International Conference for Workshops with a Purpose, Daniel
- Feature Weddings 2010-2016 Outer Banks Bride Magazine
- 2014 Cover Photographer Outer Banks Wedding Expo Guide
- Cover Photographer of the 2013 The Wedding Guide of the Outer Banks Magazine, Daniel
- 2013-2016 Weddingwire Couple’s Choice Award Winner
- Featured in Japan’s modern surf and fashion magazine HONEY, winter 2012.
- 2011 and 2012 The Knot, Best of Wedding Photographers
- 2011 Outer Banks Wedding Association Dream Wedding Photographer
- 2012 and 2013 Outer Banks Dream Wedding Contributing Photographer
- People’s Choice Award Winner for the 2012 Beach Book Competition of the Outer Banks
- January 2013 Hidden Moments Dare County Arts Council Wedding Photography Exhibit
- 2014 Cape Hatteras Elementary School Volunteer Business of the Year
- 2009 Roanoke Island Festival Park Featured Artist Exhibit with Stephanie Kiker
- 2012 Dare County Arts County Arts Council Featured Surf Photography Show with Matt Lusk
- 2012 Published in Swell: A Year of Waves, book written
- Published as editorial content and/or on the cover of local, regional, national, and international publications such as Outer Banks Bride, Transworld Surf, Honey, Surfing Magazine, ESM Magazine, Surfline, Surfer, Outer Banks Magazine, Our State, ESPN, The Virginia-Pilot, The Island Breeze, The Island Free Press, The Outer Banks Wedding Guide, and NC Wildlife Magazine, Bit + Grain, NC Coastal Federation, North Beach Sun, Outer Banks Sentinel, Milepost, and many more.
Our commercial clientele span local, regional, and national companies and advertising campaigns. Recent commercial/advertising clients include, O’Neill, Zoo York, Superbrand, Ability Skate & Surf, Eastern Skate Supply, Hurley, Three Dog Ink, which publishes Outer Banks Restaurant Guide, Surf or Sound Realty, Midgett Realty, Hatteras Realty, Outer Beaches Realty, Inn on the Pamlico Sound, Koru Village, Outer Banks Candle Company, The Mud Room, The Breakwater Inn, Oden’s Dock, Hatteras Wedding Ministries, Every Blooming Thing, Hatteras Doves, 1587 & Tranquil House Inn, Village Beach Club, Shortbus Skims, In the Eye, Inc., Living Oaks Landscaping, The Wedding Guide of the Outer Banks,The Head Agency, Colony Realty, Outer Banks Boarding Company, Smith Optics, One Boat Guides, Sun Realty, Eastern National, National Park Service, NCDOT, Surfline, NC Coastal Federation, Bit + Grain Magazine, NC Wildlife Magazine, Resort Realty, First South Bank, East Carolina Bank, Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative, Cape Hatteras Secondary School, First Flight High School, The Milepost, The Outer Banks Magazine, REAL Kiteboarding, Dare County Parks and Recreation, Hatteras Island Youth Baseball, Outer Banks Tourism Bureau, and many more.